Celebration of Service to America Awards Rules of Entry
Please read these procedures and rules carefully and respond as specifically requested. Judges will deduct points from entries that do not comply with these rules.
- Entries must be submitted on or before March 6, 2020. Entry materials submitted will become the property of NAB Leadership Foundation.
- ALL entries must be completed using the NAB Leadership Application Portal.
- All questions in the form must be answered. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- The eligibility period for all categories is January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019. Preexisting programs or campaigns may be entered, but judges will only consider material that first aired during the eligibility period. For the Service to Community category, entries from preexisting programs and/or partnerships are eligible and encouraged; however, the greatest weight will be given to efforts during the stated eligibility period.
- Broadcast station groups may only submit entries in the Service to Community Award category.
With the exception of the Service to Community Awards, each station may submit only one (1) entry in each category. However, that entry may include multiple programs or campaigns. The Service to America Television Award will recognize the station's overall efforts during the award eligibility period, and entries may include multiple, unrelated public service campaigns, public affairs programs, PSAs, etc.
- Stations are not eligible to receive a Service to America Award in the same category for two consecutive years. Please do not enter for any category for which your station received a 2019 Celebration of Service to America Award.
- All entries must include video (television) or audio (radio) that supports the written portion of the entry. Video and audio submissions must not exceed five minutes for each individual entry. Videos should be formatted as 1920 x 1080 .mpg or .mov files. Audio should be formatted as .mp3 or .aiff files. If your audio or video is not in English, please provide a transcript with a translation to English. Audio and video submissions may include, but are not limited to, relevant news or program segments, PSAs and off-air activities. Please note that winning stations will be required to submit broadcast quality video and/or high-resolution photography to NAB Leadership Foundation to support the production of video segments to be shown during the Celebration of Service to America Awards event.
- The entry fees are $150 for all entries. Stations may submit in any or all categories, but each submission should be treated as a separate entry. Online credit card payment must be submitted with your entry. (Note that this fee is not tax deductible as a charitable contribution.)